Experiences & Tips for School

When a STEM academy instructor from my high school alma mater contacted me to speak to the students about life outside of high school, I was flattered. I was not sure what to talk about but was encouraged to discuss my non-standard educational route, my career, and any interesting projects of which I had been a part. In addition to this, I included the courses I took along my way and how they were important. The initial presentation was created while I was attending the University of Texas at Arlington and a re-vamped version was given to another junior high after I graduated with my degree. The presentation lasts approximately forty minutes and covers the importance of English / Language Arts and Speech classes in addition to the expected math courses, as well as the need for learning time management and how to handle deadlines.